Job ID 1228 Location West Des Moines, IA Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Want to be part of a highly successful, respected, engineering firm that has been rooted in the Des Moines metro for 47 years? We are looking for an experienced Site Design/Land Development Civil Engineer that is seeking an opportunity to expand and grow a successful site design/land development team. A significant responsibility of this position will be serving as a project leader; the responsibilities will include mentoring and leading the design team, making and being responsible for technical design decisions, and being responsible for the final product from a quality and client expectation standpoint.
Additional responsibilities will including building relationships with clients and serving their needs. The successful candidate shall possess business development experience including serving as a client sponsor and obtaining new business through marketing activities as well as expanding work with existing clients. The ideal candidate shall have a proven ability and willingness to interact with clients and work with local governments and regulatory agencies to move projects forward in a collaborative manner.
Must be able to demonstrate effective leadership of site design/land development design teams. Will develop and execute projects start to finish. Must possess excellent communication and people skills as well as being excellent technically.
With a passion for Civil Engineering, are you ready to be design leader for a fast growing team? With immediate connections to Shive-Hattery clients and a solid site design team, this is the opportunity for you to:
- Expand a site design/land development market in Central Iowa
- Build clients for life
- Mentor and grow design talent
- Lead project teams to deliver an unparalleled client experience
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & CLIENT RELATIONSHIPS
You will serve as the main point of contact for land development projects, serving often as client sponsor. This leadership role allows you to make positive impacts in all areas of the business:
- Lead the civil engineering design and business development of site design and land development projects for S-H’s West Des Moines office, including commercial, industrial, government, education, and healthcare clients.
- Share development knowledge with your project teams
- Be the technical design specialist and mentor
- Manage business development efforts including client and project pursuits
- Strong devotion to client service
- Over 8 years of site design/land development design experience
- Excellent communication, leadership, organizational and design skills
- Must be licensed in the State of Iowa
- Required education is a Bachelor’s degree
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
About Des Moines
Greater Des Moines region, home to more than half a million people. While being the fastest growing metro in the Midwest (according to the U.S. Census Bureau, 2016) it remains #2 as the “Most Affordable Place to Live” (U.S. News & World Report, 2016). The Des Moines metro regularly tops lists as one of the best cities to live in the country - 26 top ten lists in the two years, in fact!
- Arts and Culture
- Des Moines Events
- Historic East Village Shopping
- Historic Valley Junction
- Jordan Creek Town Center
- Pappajohn Sculpture Park
Learn more about the this welcoming, vibrant and affordable place to live.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. For certain clients, we are required to conduct drug and/or alcohol testing on employees who perform work at the client site or on the client project. Consequently, employees and/or applicants will be required to satisfactorily pass a drug and/or alcohol test prior to any such work assignment.
Future Consideration: Yes