Job ID 1214929 Location West Des Moines, IA Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Shive-Hattery is a client-first, multi-disciplinary architecture and engineering consulting firm. As a “One Firm” organization, we strongly believe in the value of collaboration and working across offices. We are seeking a Creative Strategist to join our Des Moines office.
What does a Creative Strategist do?
- Is responsible for developing compelling proposals, presentations, cover letters, and other materials to pursue and win work
- Leads proposal Go/No-Go and strategy meetings
- Works closely with office leadership and the business development team to assist in building strategic marketing plans, and research new opportunities for client development and revenue growth
- Works in coordination with other marketing services teams across all our offices, as well as, the Corporate Marketing team to strengthen the Shive-Hattery brand and advance cross-market marketing opportunities
- Works closely with architects, engineers, and designers in our office, to support them in benchmarking pursuit performance and managing and coordinating CRM data
- Prepares and presents monthly internal celebration meeting presentation
- Other marketing projects as needed
- At least 3+ years of marketing or proposal development experience - A/E/C industry experience is a plus, but not required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or related field
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Proficient with producing and interpreting reports and managing data in Microsoft Excel or similar programs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage quick turnaround times and short deadlines
- Ability to coordinate and manage information and tasks with a variety of colleagues
Skills and Competencies:
- Effective communication across written, verbal, and visual mediums is a fundamental component of this role. You must be able to listen and distill information from a variety of sources, develop a marketing and/or communication strategy, and produce compelling materials for a variety of audiences
- You must be able to write clearly and concisely, and be able to articulate messaging through proposal design, presentations, ads, etc. while adhering to brand standards
- Must possess strong leadership skills – you will need to be able to make and execute decisions quickly, work independently and with others, and exercise good judgment and critical thinking
- Must be an engaged team member
- While industry knowledge is not required, to be successful, creativity, initiative, and motivation to learn will allow you to grow in your role
- You should thrive on continuous improvement and experiment with new ideas to stay competitive
- This role is a deadline-oriented role – you must be able to multi-task, manage short- and long-term deadlines, work collaboratively with others, and effectively delegate and manage projects
- You should enjoy and excel in a fast-paced environment and be willing to work overtime, as needed, to meet deadlines and support the office in providing unparalleled client service
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes