Job ID 1220689 Location St. Louis, MO Job Type Full-Time Workplace Type On-Site Apply Now
KdG (A Division of Shive-Hattery), has an immediate opening in our St. Louis office for an Architect with up to two (2) years of professional experience.
Under the direction of the Studio Leader this position performs a variety of duties associated with design on Commercial Workplace, Hospitality, Education and Healthcare projects and related services, to assist in achieving desired client satisfaction, and business results. Participation in applicable AIA, NCARB, and/or community activities is preferred.
- Entry level position and applies to individuals with up to two (2) years' experience
- Completion of accredited professional degree program with a Bachelors degree or Masters degree in architecture, or equivalent in appropriate education and experience
- Basic knowledge of design of architectural systems, construction documentation and associated technology
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in the following: Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft PowerPoint Graphics, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Master Collective CS5, Adobe Creative Suite and BSD Speclink (or similar)
- Demonstrate a high degree of aptitude in critical, creative thinking associated with design and the design process
- Basic understanding of architectural specifications, international building codes, life safety code and current ADA requirements.
- Knowledge of programming, planning, and building performance is beneficial
- Qualifications/Proficiencies-motivated and creative professional; able to design with inherent understanding of building systems; capable of designing projects in private developer clients, retail, restaurants with some Educational and Healthcare Sector work
- Excellent communication skills
*Interested applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and portfolio for consideration. If unable to submit your portfolio due to size constrains, please include a link to your portfolio in your cover letter.
- Participate and contribute to design discussions, idea generation, collaboration, and design work in drawing, model and 3D image formats.
- Production and coordination of design process and technical documents under the direction of a licensed design professional.
- Creation of graphical images
- Design and detailing in Revit
- Attend project and client meetings with design professionals
- Interact with and be a representative of the company with clients and contractors as it relates to on-going projects
- Must be able to work in a team environment and independently, with strong interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all other firm associates to foster and promote the company values and culture
- Detail-oriented, exceptional abilities to multi-task
- Attention to deadlines is critical
- Ability to travel
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes