Job ID 1221897 Location Madison, WI Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's Madison, WI office has an immediate opportunity for a Structural Engineer with 5 or more years of experience in the design and leadership of structural engineering projects.
- Professional Engineer licensure required, with the ability to add state licenses a plus
- Structural design experience using concrete, steel, and masonry. Wood design would be a plus
- Ability to lead a project with single-discipline work or multi-discipline work in the production of construction documents
- Experience and willingness to provide direction to young engineers and designers, along with collaborating with other disciplines
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively, which includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing work
- Must have good attention to detail
- Possess good oral and written communication skills, and comfortable presenting design solutions to Owners
- Experience using Revit, 3D software (Navisworks/Recap), structural engineering design software, and Microsoft Office software is preferred
- Design projects as a structural engineer for industrial, commercial and education projects of various sizes with an emphasis on industrial projects. Work with experienced engineers and technicians while coordinating work within multi-discipline teams. The majority of efforts will focus on our long-standing Industrial clients who we work with locally and nationally
- Lead the structural design portion of projects, make design recommendations and decisions, and oversee the completion and quality of construction drawings, specifications, reports and other project documentation
- Establish and manage structural scope, schedule, and budget
- Be identified as a Core Team Member for the structural discipline
- Plan design work and provide direction to junior engineers and designers assisting with project work
- Mentor and teach other team members
- Interact with and be a representative of the company with clients and contractors as it relates to on-going projects
- Must be capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be able to drive and have access to an automobile, climb ladders and work off of elevated platforms and open grating, and wear personal protective equipment required for specific clients and sites
- Additional responsibilities include overseeing shop drawing reviews
Madison, Wisconsin is home to one of our newest and fastest-growing offices. This opportunity will allow you to work in a city ranking near the top of many “Best of” lists with a reputation as one of America’s greenest cities.
There is never a shortage of outdoor entertainment whether in the heat of the summer or the cold of a Midwest winter. The city of Madison is home to 260 parks with over 5,000 acres of parklands to explore. Five lakes with easy access provide endless opportunities for outdoor water fun for anyone who enjoys the water. This active city has more bikes than cars, with more than 75 miles of bike paths and provides residents with a perfect mix of big city vibrancy with a small-town charm. Located between Chicago and Minneapolis, Madison is a perfect spot for attracting national musical, theater and a robust arts scene. The local food and beverage industry gives locals a variety of dining options to meet a diverse mix of residents.
As the home to the flagship University of Wisconsin, area residents benefit from art, culture, and entertainment opportunities associated with the university. As the capital city of Wisconsin, Madison has a flourishing and stable economy. Come join our team and you will see why we love our Madison home!
Shive-Hattery strives to provide outstanding client service and provide rewarding careers to our employees. Our learning and teaching culture is based on collaboration; you must be willing to mentor and teach other employees while continuing to develop your skills to grow professionally at Shive-Hattery.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package.
For certain clients, we are required to conduct drug and/or alcohol testing on employees who perform work at the client site or on the client project. Consequently, employees and/or applicants will be required to satisfactorily pass a drug and/or alcohol test prior to any such work assignment.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes