Job ID 1243972 Location Valparaiso, IN Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's Valparaiso office has an immediate opening for a Mid-Level Architect.
- Mid-level position and applies to individuals with at least to five to ten years' experience in the practice of architecture
- Completion of accredited professional degree program with a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in architecture, or equivalent in appropriate education and experience. Registered architect is a requirement
- Capable of managing and or supervising project teams of architects, engineers, and designers of medium and large projects
- Demonstrate a high degree of aptitude in critical, creative thinking associated with design and the design process
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of architectural specifications, international building codes, life safety code and current ADA requirements
- Knowledge of programming, planning, and building performance is beneficial
- Qualifications/Proficiencies consistent with mid-level experience for a motivated and creative professional; able to design with inherent understanding of building systems; capable of designing projects for high quality public/institutional clients in Civic/Justice
- Self-motivated and able to problem-solve independently. Strong working knowledge of Autodesk Revit, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Office, and Google SketchUp. Working knowledge of AutoCAD is beneficial
- Excellent communication skills
*Interested applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and portfolio for consideration. If unable to submit your portfolio due to size constrains, please include a link to your portfolio in your cover letter.
- Participate and contribute in design and project management with design discussions, idea generation, collaboration, and design work in drawing, modeling and 3D image formats
- A licensed design professional directing non-licensed and other professionals assigned to design, produce and coordinate the design process and technical documents
- Creation of graphical images. Design and detailing in Revit
- Attend project and client meetings with design professionals for both business development opportunities and projects under contract
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes