Job ID 1296 Location Moline, IL Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's Moline office has an immediate opportunity for an experienced structural engineer with a minimum of 10 years of experience in the design and leadership of structural engineering projects.
- 10+ years experienced structural engineer with experience designing a variety of structural component in multiple materials, including soil supported concrete foundation, deep foundations, concrete and steel framed superstructure, wood framed multi-story structures, cold formed metal framing design and heavy industrial facilities steel design.
- Must be able to collaborate with other disciplines, establish and maintain budgets.
- Must have experience with developing engineering proposals and fee quotes.
- Must have experience developing project construction documents and specifications.
- Must have previous experience developing and managing client relationships.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word and Excel; experience with RISA structural analysis programs, AutoCAD, and Revit desired
- Experience providing mentoring and instruction to junior engineers and technical designers.
- Must have an Illinois or Iowa license or be in the process of obtaining one of these registrations.
- Work in a team setting with other disciplines to perform the structural design for the projects.
- Some experience in marketing activities.
- Must be capable of working on and managing the work of other on multiple projects simultaneously
- Must have the ability to travel to regional client locations and have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work off of elevated platforms and open grating
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment required for specific clients and sites
About the Quad Cities Area
Moline is a small community of 45,000 residents that offers perks of large-metropolitan living. It is indeed a part of the larger Quad Cities, which is a metro area of 450,000. As one of the Quad Cities, we're settled alongside a broad bluff between the Mississippi River and Rock River banks. The views are some of the best you'll find - including the view from our office, just blocks from the water along the Great River Trail.
Moline has undergone a fantastic transformation, investing $250 million in redevelopment and revitalization of its riverfront and downtown. (Shive-Hattery is the proud designer of the Moline Centre Streetscape Master Plan.) Year-round events like Taste of the Quad Cities and the Quad Cities Marathon attract a diverse crowd from across the country.
The largest non-gaming riverboat on the upper Mississippi - Celebration Belle - lets you tour the water while enjoying lunch or dinner. Or take a Channel Cat Water Taxi back and forth to enjoy both sides of the river. Don't forget your bike to ride the trails!
The 12,000-seat iWireless Center brings conventions, concerts and sporting teams like the Quad City Mallards to our doorstep.
When you want to get out of town, the Quad Cities International Airport provides nonstop flights to eight cities. Served by four interstates, we're also a quick drive to Chicago or St. Louis. Soon, Moline will be home to the Quad Cities Multi-Modal Station, providing rail service to and from Chicago.
Business is booming here as well - and not just at Shive-Hattery. We're home to John Deere and Kone Elevator, and we're just a few minutes from the home base of Mike Wolfe, star of HISTORY' American Pickers.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: No