Job ID 1296656 Location West Des Moines, IA Job Type Full-Time Workplace Type On-Site Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's West Des Moines office has an immediate opportunity for a licensed Structural Engineer with a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the design and leadership of structural engineering projects.
- Work in a team setting, collaborating with other disciplines to perform the design and construction administration services for healthcare, education, commercial, government, and industrial projects of all sizes
- Lead the structural design portion of projects, make design recommendations and decisions, and oversee the completion and quality of construction drawings, specifications, reports, and other project documentation
- Plan design work and provide direction to junior engineers and designers assisting with project work
- Visit project sites and provide technical assistance to help resolve construction issues
- Establish and manage structural scope, schedule, and budget
- Assist in growing existing clients and developing new clients
- Mentor and teach other team members
- Eight (8 +) years of structural engineering experience in the design, modification, and evaluation of building and non-building structures in a variety of project types
- Experience providing direction to junior engineers and designers, leading the structural design effort from schematic design through construction administration, and collaborating with other disciplines
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively, which includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing work.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills, and comfort presenting design solutions to Owners
- Professional Engineer licensure in Iowa or the ability for immediate licensure in Iowa
- Structural design experience using steel, concrete, wood, and masonry
- Capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Good attention to detail
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; experience with RISA, Revit, and 3D reality capture software preferred
- Must be able to drive and have access to an automobile, climb ladders and work off of elevated platforms and open grating, and wear personal protective equipment required for specific clients and sites
Shive-Hattery strives to provide outstanding client service and provide rewarding careers to our employees. Our learning and teaching culture is based on collaboration; you must be willing to mentor and teach other employees while continuing to develop your skills to grow professionally at Shive-Hattery.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package.
For certain clients, we are required to conduct drug and/or alcohol testing on employees who perform work at the client site or on the client project. Consequently, employees and/or applicants will be required to satisfactorily pass a drug and/or alcohol test prior to any such work assignment.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes