Job ID 1323200 Location Cedar Rapids, IA Job Type Internship Apply Now
It is crucial for you to have a resource to candidly discuss your career choices. As an intern, you are partnered with a mid-to-senior-level employee to form a supportive mentor/mentee relationship built on your shared Shive-Hattery experiences. Connecting one-on-one in a relaxed, informal way allows for the development of professional relationships that complement your classroom learning and makes for a richer Shive-Hattery experience.
Interns gain different levels of experience from the office and the field. You will work on real projects our team is currently involved in. As a Structural Intern, you will work on a variety of different types of tasks while spending time out in the field capturing field data. These experiences will help you grow and understand more about the Structural profession, working collaboratively with project teams, and how to serve the needs of clients. From these real-world interactions, you will develop the skills to collaborate with peers and clients while building your professional network.
Internships are about gaining real experiences to better your knowledge and understanding of the career you're interested in. You will be treated like a full-time staff member with the same learning opportunities. At Shive-Hattery, you work on actual client projects and have the opportunity to see your work make a direct impact on Shive-Hattery, as well as the community. This is a great way to broaden your experience and bulk up your portfolio!
- Work in a team setting with other structural team members and disciplines to work on a variety of structural projects across our market sectors. Our number one sector is the Industrial Sector which is fast-paced, exciting, and great for people who love to solve problems.
- Provide design and drawing production support for of projects in the structural discipline.
- Additional responsibilities include shop drawing review, field data collection, and field data entry.
- Will work under the direct supervision and mentoring of several licensed structural engineers.
- Must be able to drive and have access to an automobile.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work off of elevated platforms and open grating.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment required for specific clients and sites.
- Ability to pass drug screen tests and background screening, which are both required at most industrial sites.
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
Shive-Hattery is an equal-opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes