Job ID 1308326 Location Madison, WI Job Type Full-Time Workplace Type On-Site Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's Madison, WI office has an opening for a Mechanical Engineer with five (5) or more years of experience. Prior experience in HVAC, building systems and central utility systems a plus. We are seeking a leader who can help to expand a multi-discipline team in a growing office.
- Graduated from an accredited engineering school with bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with an HVAC emphasis
- Experienced in 3D modeling software, Revit preferred. Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel is desired
- Must be able to collaborate with other team members in a professional environment and have good interpersonal skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Must be able to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing with attention to engineering detail
- Mechanical design of building systems to include plumbing, heating, cooling, ventilation, fire protection, building automation, and industrial process systems
- Work in a team setting with mechanical team members and multi-disciplines teams including electrical, structural, architectural and civil
- Work on a variety of mechanical projects across our market sectors. Common projects include government facilities, healthcare, industrial, commercial and education facilities
- Produce construction drawings using Revit 3D modeling software
- Will be visiting project sites to assist with measuring, data collection and construction observation duties
Madison, Wisconsin is home to one of our newest and fastest-growing offices. This opportunity will allow you to work in a city ranking near the top of many “Best of” lists with a reputation as one of America’s greenest cities.
There is never a shortage of outdoor entertainment whether in the heat of the summer or the cold of a Midwest winter. The city of Madison is home to 260 parks with over 5,000 acres of parklands to explore. Five lakes with easy access provide endless opportunities for outdoor water fun for anyone who enjoys the water. This active city has more bikes than cars, with more than 75 miles of bike paths and provides residents with a perfect mix of big city vibrancy with a small-town charm. Located between Chicago and Minneapolis, Madison is a perfect spot for attracting national musical, theater and a robust arts scene. The local food and beverage industry gives locals a variety of dining options to meet a diverse mix of residents.
As the home to the flagship University of Wisconsin, area residents benefit from art, culture, and entertainment opportunities associated with the university. As the capital city of Wisconsin, Madison has a flourishing and stable economy. Come join our team and you will see why we love our Madison home!
Shive-Hattery strives to provide outstanding client service and provide rewarding careers to our employees. Our learning and teaching culture is based on collaboration; you must be willing to mentor and teach other employees while continuing to develop your skills to grow professionally at Shive-Hattery.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package.
For certain clients, we are required to conduct drug and/or alcohol testing on employees who perform work at the client site or on the client project. Consequently, employees and/or applicants will be required to satisfactorily pass a drug and/or alcohol test prior to any such work assignment.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes