Location Omaha, NE Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Shive-Hattery has an immediate opening in our Omaha office for an Architect with one (1) to five (5) years of professional experience.
Under the direction of the Studio Leader this position performs a variety of duties associated with design expertise primarily on multi-family projects and related services, to assist in achieving desired client satisfaction, and business results. Participation in applicable AIA, NCARB, and/or community activities is preferred.
- Entry level position and applies to individuals with up to five (5) years' experience
- Completion of accredited professional degree program with a Bachelors degree or Masters degree in architecture, or equivalent in appropriate education and experience
- Basic knowledge of design of architectural systems, construction documentation and associated technology
- Demonstrate a high degree of aptitude in critical, creative thinking associated with design and the design process
- Basic understanding of architectural specifications, international building codes, life safety code and current ADA requirements
- Knowledge of programming, planning, and building performance is beneficial
- Qualifications/Proficiencies-motivated and creative professional; able to design with inherent understanding of building systems; capable of designing projects in Multi-family, private developer clients, retail, restaurants with some Educational and Healthcare Sector work
- Self-motivated and able to problem-solve independently. Strong working knowledge preferred of Autodesk Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and Google SketchUp. Working knowledge of AutoCAD is beneficial
- Excellent communication skills
*Interested applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and portfolio for consideration. If unable to submit your portfolio due to size constrains, please include a link to your portfolio in your cover letter.
- Participate and contribute to design discussions, idea generation, collaboration, and design work in drawing, model and 3D image formats
- Production and coordination of design process and technical documents under the direction of a licensed design professional.
- Creation of graphical images
- Design and detailing in Revit
- Attend project and client meetings with design professionals
- Interact with and be a representative of the company with clients and contractors as it relates to on-going projects
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes