Location Quad Cities Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's Quad Cities office has an immediate opening for Structural Technician with zero to five years of experience.
Shive-Hattery Inc. is an architecture and engineering firm with a regional practice in healthcare, government, commercial, industrial and education. We believe unparalleled service has contributed to our long-term success and given us the opportunity to practice our passion for design. We are looking for a motivated Technician who shares our passion and collaborative style and wants the opportunity for professional growth in our Quad City Office.
- Working with Autodesk REVIT to create drawings and models.
- Computer literacy a must including Microsoft Office Suite. (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Additional experience with AutoCAD, SolidWorks, ProE, and REVIT Building Information Modeling (BIM).
- Demonstrate knowledge in some construction materials and methodologies.
- Four (4) year degree preferred.
- Work effectively with structural engineers to document designs in REVIT.
- Detail oriented, good listener and driven to learn new things.
- Able to communicate effectively one-on-one, and in front of team verbally and in writing.
- Effectively handle multiple projects and multiple deadlines.
- Able to work occasional overtime hours.
About the Quad Cities Office:
Located in Bettendorf, Iowa North of 53rd Avenue in the heart of a new business district development. The office is a brand-new facility opened in July 2021. The office is surrounded by multiple restaurants and business’ within walking distance. We are only minutes from I-74 and I-80 highways for easy access to all parts of the city and our region.
The Quad Cities is home to several Fortune 500 corporations including John Deere, 3M, Exelon and Arconic. Throughout the area, which encompasses six counties in Northwestern Illinois and Southeastern Iowa with an overall population of nearly 450,000, there are over 30,000 businesses locally-owned and beyond. The variety and success create a robust and continually growing economy.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes