Job ID 1344137 Location West Des Moines, IA Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's West Des Moines office has an immediate opening for Landscape Architect with one (1) to three (3) years of experience.
- A general understanding of the field of landscape architecture and the ability to collaborate across discipline boundaries to support the delivery of solutions which meet client expectations is essential in order to successfully meet the requirements of this position
- The priorities of this position are to: Contribute to the production of high-quality reports and analysis
- Assist senior staff and project management in the development of project deliverables
- AutoCAD 3D operation is a requirement
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, SketchUp, ArcGIS, or Google Earth is highly recommended
- Candidate shall have a general understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Exhibits accuracy, attention to detail and strong organizational skills
*Interested applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and portfolio for consideration. If unable to submit your portfolio due to size constrains, please include a link to your portfolio in your cover letter.
- Contributing to or leading the development of cost estimates and design details for construction documents
- Creating plant palettes and landscape design recommendations
- Supporting project objectives such as aligning trails, developing conceptual master plans and other design elements to meet appropriate project requirements
- Assisting in or leading the design or redesign of parks, streets, trails, education, commercial or healthcare/institutional sites
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes