Job ID 1385316 Location St. Louis, MO Job Type Full-Time Workplace Type On-Site Apply Now
In the first five years of your civil engineering career, you want to design a variety of projects and see them constructed in the field. Be immersed in the latest design technology and be mentored by senior civil engineers. This is the opportunity in KdG/Shive-Hattery’s St. Louis office.
Experience a Variety of Projects
You will collaborate with senior civil engineers with a variety of public and private projects for industrial, healthcare, education, commercial and government clients. Our multidiscipline teams are rich learning labs, important for understanding how projects come together.
See projects be constructed through construction administration and observation. You will produce reports and monitor the contractor's compliance with contract documents. This will sharpen your ability to read and understand construction engineering plans and drawings, including sheet references and layering.
Use the Latest Technology
In addition to AutoCAD drawings, reports and technical specifications, you will have an array of software tools available: Civil 3D Design, MicroStation and GeoPAK and GIS.
Design roadways, trails, parking lots, grading, utilities, drainage and storm sewer design, sanitary sewer design, water main design, project phasing, traffic control and overall site development.
- Graduated from an accredited engineering school with a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Have passed or are scheduled to take the fundamentals of engineering exam to obtain official Engineering
- Intern designation by the State of Missouri within one (1) year
- Demonstrates an ability to be service oriented to existing and potential clients
- Internships/summer experience in general civil engineering or construction a plus
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
Civil Swarming Events
For the first time ever, Shive-Hattery brought together civil engineers from across the company with the goal of strengthening our "One Firm" culture, providing learning opportunities, and having fun while building lasting relationships.
Swarming events offer...
- A welcome break from our busy schedules to celebrate together!
- Activities that will get you out into the community of our host city.
- Focused breakout sessions and opportunities for sharing ideas and knowledge.
- Make connections and collaborate with group activities and entertainment.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits and a sound compensation package.
For certain clients, we are required to conduct drug and/or alcohol testing on employees who perform work at the client site or on the client project. Consequently, employees and/or applicants will be required to satisfactorily pass a drug and/or alcohol test prior to any such work assignment.
Shive-Hattery is an equal-opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes