Job ID 1090 Location Moline, IL Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's Moline office has an immediate opening for an electrical engineer with a minimum of four years of experience.
- Professional engineer preferred, or the ability to obtain PE license
- Solid technical experience in the preparation of construction drawings, specifications, submittals, and construction administration
- Must be able to collaborate with other disciplines, establish and maintain budgets, and work in partnership with engineers throughout the company
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of NEC Codes
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge in the workings of industrial control systems (temperature/pressure transmitters, control valves, MOV’s, PLCs, Industrial Automation
- Proficient with SKM Power Tools software;
- Working knowledge of the integration of fire alarm and voice/data systems;
- Ability to provide direction to designers and CAD technicians
- Should also be knowledgeable with the use of AutoCAD and REVIT.
- Ability to participate in marketing activities
- Should be able to contribute to several projects simultaneously
- Work in a team setting with other disciplines to perform the design of industrial facility lighting and power systems
- Be involved in marketing activities
- Must be able to drive and have access to an automobile
- Must have the ability to travel. Must be able to climb ladders and work off of elevated platforms and open grating
- Must be able to wear PPE as required for specific clients and sites
About the Quad Cities Area
Moline is a small community of 45,000 residents that offers perks of large-metropolitan living. It is indeed a part of the larger Quad Cities, which is a metro area of 450,000. As one of the Quad Cities, we're settled alongside a broad bluff between the Mississippi River and Rock River banks. The views are some of the best you'll find - including the view from our office, just blocks from the water along the Great River Trail.
Moline has undergone a fantastic transformation, investing $250 million in redevelopment and revitalization of its riverfront and downtown. (Shive-Hattery is the proud designer of the Moline Centre Streetscape Master Plan.) Year-round events like Taste of the Quad Cities and the Quad Cities Marathon attract a diverse crowd from across the country.
The largest non-gaming riverboat on the upper Mississippi - Celebration Belle - lets you tour the water while enjoying lunch or dinner. Or take a Channel Cat Water Taxi back and forth to enjoy both sides of the river. Don't forget your bike to ride the trails!
The 12,000-seat iWireless Center brings conventions, concerts and sporting teams like the Quad City Mallards to our doorstep.
When you want to get out of town, the Quad Cities International Airport provides nonstop flights to eight cities. Served by four interstates, we're also a quick drive to Chicago or St. Louis. Soon, Moline will be home to the Quad Cities Multi-Modal Station, providing rail service to and from Chicago.
Business is booming here as well - and not just at Shive-Hattery. We're home to John Deere and Kone Elevator, and we're just a few minutes from the home base of Mike Wolfe, star of HISTORY' American Pickers.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: No