Job ID 1488232 Location Iowa City, IA Job Type Full-Time Workplace Type On-Site Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's Iowa City office has an opening for a Mechanical Engineer with zero to two years of experience. Prior intern experience in HVAC and building systems a plus but not required.
- Graduated from an accredited engineering school with bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with an HVAC emphasis
- Experienced in 3D modeling software, Revit preferred. Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel is desired
- Must be able to collaborate with other team members in a professional environment and have good interpersonal skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Must be able to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing with attention to engineering detail
- Mechanical design of building systems to include plumbing, heating, cooling, ventilation, fire protection, building automation, and industrial process systems
- Work in a team setting with mechanical team members and multi-disciplines teams including electrical, structural, architectural, and civil
- Work on a variety of mechanical projects across our market sectors. Common projects include government facilities, healthcare, industrial, commercial and education facilities
- Produce construction drawings using Revit 3D modeling software
- Will be visiting project sites to assist with measuring, data collection and construction observation duties
Shive-Hattery strives to provide outstanding client service and provide rewarding careers to our employees. Our learning and teaching culture is based on collaboration; you must be willing to mentor and teach other employees while continuing to develop your skills to grow professionally at Shive-Hattery.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package.
For certain clients, we are required to conduct drug and/or alcohol testing on employees who perform work at the client site or on the client project. Consequently, employees and/or applicants will be required to satisfactorily pass a drug and/or alcohol test prior to any such work assignment.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes