Job ID 1494864 Location Cedar Rapids, IA Job Type Full-Time Workplace Type On-Site Apply Now
See Your Designs Come to Life
As a Civil Engineer at Shive-Hattery, you'll lead design on a variety of transportation and site-related projects, including:
- Site designs
- Roadways and trails
- Traffic signals
- Utilities and storm sewer design
An Inspiring Team Effort
Collaborate with Architects and other engineering disciplines to design multi-faceted projects in a full-service A/E firm environment. You’ll have a hand in designing what matters to your community. We'll rely on you for technical decision-making and to deliver quality work on schedule.
Does This Sound Like You?
- Seek to be a design leader in collaboration with a design team
- Have four (4) or more years of civil engineering experience
- Earned a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, or a related field
- A Professional Engineering license in the State of Iowa is required within six (6) months
Experience with the following is a plus:
- Iowa DOT standards and procedures
- SUDAS Design and Standards procedures
- Transportation-related design
- Site design and land development
- Municipal design and collaboration with cities or counties
- Experienced knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Interest or experience in 3D visualization
- Use of specialized software for transportation, traffic, utility and stormwater management design
Civil Swarming Events
For the first time ever, Shive-Hattery brought together Civil Engineers from across the company with the goal of strengthening our "One Firm" culture, providing learning opportunities, and having fun while building lasting relationships.
Swarming events offer...
- A welcome break from our busy schedules to celebrate together!
- Activities that will get you out into the community of our host city.
- Focused breakout sessions and opportunities for sharing ideas and knowledge.
- Make connections and collaborate with group activities and entertainment.
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package.
For certain clients, we are required to conduct drug and/or alcohol testing on employees who perform work at the client site or on the client project. Consequently, employees and/or applicants will be required to satisfactorily pass a drug and/or alcohol test prior to any such work assignment.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes