Job ID 1544838 Location Quad Cities Job Type Full-Time Workplace Type On-Site Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's Bettendorf office has an immediate opening for a Water-Wastewater engineer with up to five (5) years experience.
- Ability to read and understand construction engineering plans and drawings, including sheet references and layering
- Have passed or are scheduled to take fundamentals of engineering exam to obtain official Engineer Intern designation by the State of Iowa/Illinois
- Demonstrates an ability to be service oriented to existing and potential clients
- Internships/summer experience in engineering or construction a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively, written and orally
- Graduated from an accredited engineering school
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- AutoCAD Civil 3D experience a plus
- Assist more Senior Water/Wastewater Engineers with entry level engineering tasks
- Assist with engineering facility plans, master planning reports, specifications, and design drawings for water and wastewater projects in a wide variety of public and private projects in the industrial, government market sectors
- Duties will include preparation of facility plans, preliminary engineering reports, permit applications, AutoCAD drawings, technical specifications, water modeling, and wastewater facility modeling, setting up and monitoring testing equipment
- Design tasks will include water and wastewater treatment plant design, treatment equipment comparisons, water well design, water distribution system design
- Assist with performing onsite construction administration and construction observation services including reporting and monitoring contractor's compliance with contract documents
- Ability to work with other Engineers on multi-discipline teams
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organization and prioritization with attention to detail
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package.
For certain clients, we are required to conduct drug and/or alcohol testing on employees who perform work at the client site or on the client project. Consequently, employees and/or applicants will be required to satisfactorily pass a drug and/or alcohol test prior to any such work assignment.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes