Job ID 1352 Location Cedar Rapids, IA Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's Cedar Rapids office has an immediate opportunity for a licensed Structural Engineer with 7 thru 10 plus years of experience in the design and leadership of structural engineering projects.
· Professional Engineer licensure in Iowa or the ability for immediate licensure in Iowa.
· Structural design experience using concrete, steel, and masonry. Wood design would be a plus.
· Ability to lead a project from single discipline work to multi-discipline work in the production of construction documents.
· Experience and willingness to provide direction to young engineers and designers, along with collaborating with other disciplines.
· Ability to manage time and workload effectively, which includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing work.
· Must have good attention to detail.
· Possess good oral and written communication skills, and comfortable presenting design solutions to Owners.
· Experience using Revit, 3D software (Navisworks/Recap), structural engineering design software, and Microsoft Office software is preferred.
· Design projects as a structural engineer for industrial, commercial and education projects of various sizes with the main focus on industrial projects. Work with experienced engineers and technicians while coordinating work within multi-discipline teams. The majority of efforts will focus on our long-standing Industrial clients who we work with locally and nationally.
· Lead the structural design portion of projects, make design recommendations and decisions, and oversee the completion and quality of construction drawings, specifications, reports and other project documentation.
· Establish and manage structural scope, schedule, and budget. Be identified as a Core Team Member for the structural discipline.
· Plan design work and provide direction to junior engineers and designers assisting with project work.
· Mentor and teach other team members.
· Interact with and be a representative of the company with clients and contractors as it relates to on-going projects.
· Must be capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously.
· Must be able to drive and have access to an automobile, climb ladders and work off of elevated platforms and open grating, and wear personal protective equipment required for specific clients and sites.
· Additional responsibilities include overseeing shop drawing reviews.
ABOUT CEDAR RAPIDS
Our Cedar Rapids office is in Downtown Cedar Rapids, which is Iowa’s second largest city and is undergoing an incredible revitalization. You can check out the world class gallery at Legion Arts, take in a concert at McGrath Amphitheater, watch a play at , and much more. All within walking distance of our offices.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes