Job ID 1598140 Location Cedar Rapids, IA Job Type Internship Workplace Type On-Site Apply Now
Shive-Hattery Architecture and Engineering is seeking a part-time Marketing Intern to join our team this summer for 20 hours/week.
Who we are:
Shive-Hattery is an architecture and engineering firm known for helpfulness and high-quality design. People seek out architecture and engineering services like ours for one of two main reasons:
- They have a new building to design or space to renovate – a school, a bridge, a hotel, a factory, or even a park or trail.
- They have a problem they need fixed – a broken water main, deteriorating concrete in a parking lot, or indoor air quality problems.
As our Marketing Intern, you won’t need to solve these problems – that’s what the architects and engineers are for! Your job will be to partner with them to translate their technical solutions into beautiful, clear proposal materials that persuade clients to choose us over our competitors.
We’re looking for a summer teammate who will use their strong writing skills to create marketing materials for our clients. This person will be entering their junior or senior year of college as a full-time student with a major in English, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Graphic Design, or a related field.
- Proactive communication – Keep supervisor, teammates, and clients up to date on your projects, and communicate early if something goes amiss
- Demonstrated accountability and follow-through
- Strong writing ability
- Creative problem-solving
- Ability to edit and revise documents in Adobe InDesign (visual storytelling will be important, but graphic design is not the focus of this internship)
- Ability to make compelling presentations in PowerPoint
What you will do
- Write resumes, proposals and other marketing pieces that show clients we understand and can solve their unique problems
- Market research to understand our client’s headspace and priorities
- Proofread materials to make sure they represent our company and people well
- Manage data to understand how customer information is stored and accessed in a corporate environment
- Interface with architects, engineers, and other technical staff to understand their roles and the value they bring to clients
Kindly include with your submission:
- Cover letter
- 2-3 writing, marketing, or graphic design samples (or a link to view them online)
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes