Job ID 1679819 Location Cedar Rapids, IA Job Type Full-Time Workplace Type On-Site Apply Now
Shive-Hattery’s Cedar Rapids office seeks a Project Manager with a background in the A/E/C industry and a passion for managing multi-discipline projects. We are looking for a teammate with a strong desire to collaboratively unite the Client, Designer and Contractor to deliver our client’s desired outcomes.
This highly rewarding position requires an appreciation of teamwork, a passion for continuous improvement, a business mindset, and the ability to bring the best out of team members, both internal and external.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Manage project financials and assist with resource management planning
- Manage development of Design Contract Documents to meet client’s requirements for scope, budget, schedule and quality
- Prepare project progress reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Participate in business development activities including client research, networking, conferences, interviews and presentations
- Grow and maintain relationships with clients, consultants, general contractors and subcontractors
- Strong understanding of Contracts and Construction Documents
- Ability to manage projects with various Project Delivery methods
- Ability to develop, communicate and negotiate a clear project scope, schedule and fee
- Be a solution finder when project challenges occur
- Be able to coach project team members by listening and talking through challenges, and getting a shared agreement on how to move forward
- PMI’s PMP Certification is preferred or must be attained within two years
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree, preferred in Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture
- Minimum of five (5) years experience managing the design for multi-discipline, building related construction projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill. Presentations, summaries and design narratives will be a part of this position
Business professional responsible for managing projects and leading the project teams from beginning to end by applying knowledge, skills, and company accepted methodologies in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations. Candidate shall exhibit a Pleasure to Serve Attitude that is complimented with strong Communication, Team Building and Solution finding skills.
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes