Job ID 1708777 Location Quad Cities Job Type Full-Time Workplace Type On-Site Apply Now
Shive-Hattery’s Quad Cities office seeks a Project Manager with a background in the A/E/C industry and a passion for managing multi-discipline projects. We are looking for a teammate with a strong desire to collaboratively unite the Client, Designer and Contractor to deliver our client’s desired outcomes. It is preferred that this candidate has experience with project work related to education and/or civic building projects including K12, higher education, municipal, state and county government facilities.
This highly rewarding position requires an appreciation of teamwork, a passion for continuous improvement, a business mindset, and the ability to bring the best out of team members, both internal and external.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Manage project financials and assist with resource management planning
- Manage development of Design Contract Documents to meet client’s requirements for scope, budget, schedule and quality
- Prepare project progress reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Participate in business development activities including client research, networking, conferences, interviews and presentations
- Grow and maintain relationships with clients, consultants, general contractors, and subcontractors
- Strong understanding of Contracts and Construction Documents
- Ability to manage projects with various Project Delivery methods
- Ability to develop, communicate and negotiate a clear project scope, schedule and fee
- Be a solution finder when project challenges occur
- Be able to coach project team members by listening and talking through challenges, and getting a shared agreement on how to move forward
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree, preferred in Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture
- Minimum of five (5) years of managing the design for multi-discipline, building related construction projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill. Presentations, summaries and design narratives will be a part of this position
Business professional responsible for managing projects and leading the project teams from beginning to end by applying knowledge, skills, and company accepted methodologies in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations. Candidate shall exhibit a Pleasure to serve Attitude that is complimented with strong Communication, Team Building and Solution finding skills.
About the Quad Cities Office:
Located in Bettendorf, Iowa North of 53rd Avenue in the heart of a new business district development. The office is a brand-new facility opened in July 2021. The office is surrounded by multiple restaurants and business’ within walking distance. We are only minutes from I-74 and I-80 highways for easy access to all parts of the city and our region.
The Quad Cities is home to several Fortune 500 corporations including John Deere, 3M, Exelon and Arconic. Throughout the area, which encompasses six counties in Northwestern Illinois and Southeastern Iowa with an overall population of nearly 450,000, there are over 30,000 businesses locally-owned and beyond. The variety and success create a robust and continually growing economy.
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes