Job ID 1713257 Location Cedar Rapids, IA Job Type Internship Workplace Type On-Site Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's Cedar Rapids office has an immediate opening for an Electrical Designer/Modeling Drafter summer internship.
It is crucial for you to have a resource to candidly discuss you career choices. As an intern, you are partnered with a mid-to-senior-level employee to form a supportive mentor/mentee relationship built on your shared Shive-Hattery experiences. Connecting one-on-one in a relaxed, informal way allows for the development of professional relationships that complement your classroom learning and makes for a richer Shive-Hattery experience.
Interns gain different levels of experience from the office and the field. You will work on real projects our team is currently involved in. As an Electrical Designer/Modeling Drafter summer intern you will work on a variety of project types. These experiences will help you grow and understand more about the Electrical Designer/Modeling Drafter profession, working collaboratively with project teams, and how to serve the needs of clients. From these real-world interactions, you will develop the skills to collaborate with peers and clients while building your professional network.
- Experience utilizing Autodesk Revit or other 3D modeling and drafting software desired
- Ability to produce construction documents, including 3D model generation and detailing
- Willingness to collaborate with other team members and have good interpersonal skills
- Effectively handle multiple projects and multiple deadlines
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Good attention to detail
- Provide Autodesk Revit, and possibly other drafting software, production support for projects in the Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing engineering disciplines
- Assist in the coordination of MEP systems design with team members of other trades
- Manage time and workload effectively. This includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing work
- Work in a team environment on multidiscipline projects
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes