Job ID 1364 Location West Des Moines, IA Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Over the past eight years or more you have developed a passion for healthcare architecture. You love working with clients to create healing environments, and you want to lead design teams that create outstanding design solutions and provide an unparalleled client experience. This opportunity in West Des Moines is for you.
You will have the freedom to …
- Develop new clients, and grow your network of healthcare leaders
- Lead design of new healthcare facilities, additions, and remodels
- Design and deliver design solutions throughout all phases of the project
- Design the client experience with best practices, and evidence-based design
- Monitor budget to ensure the project is progressing in a cost-effective and timely manner
- Research new technologies, trends and innovative best practices in healthcare design and construction
- Most importantly, mentor a very talented healthcare design team with a solid client base as a foundation for growth
As a collaborative team member, you will work closely with leadership to market, plan and develop healthcare projects. This involves continuing education in the trends and knowledge of evidence-based design related to the healthcare field. This investment in you and your career development will help you grow as a subject matter expert. A full-service design team of engineers and designers support a differentiated client experience and a depth of resources to discover create solutions.
You will be part of a collaborative environment rich with technology including laser scanning, Virtual Reality, Revit, Sketchup, Enscape, MS Office, Adobe, Bluebeam, BSD Specifications and more.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree in Architecture with a minimum of eight years of experience in the healthcare design field.
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
ABOUT DES MOINES
Greater Des Moines region, home to more than half a million people. While being the fastest growing metro in the Midwest (according to the U.S. Census Bureau, 2016) it remains #2 as the “Most Affordable Place to Live” (U.S. News & World Report, 2016). The Des Moines metro regularly tops lists as one of the best cities to live in the country - 26 top ten lists in the two years, in fact!
- Arts and Culture
- Des Moines Events
- Historic East Village Shopping
- Historic Valley Junction
- Jordan Creek Town Center
- Pappajohn Sculpture Park
Learn more about this welcoming, vibrant and affordable place to live.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes