Job ID 1364 Location West Des Moines, IA Apply Now
Shive-Hattery has an immediate opening in our West Des Moines office for a Licensed Healthcare Architect with 8 - 12 years of professional healthcare experience. Candidate will be working in a collaborative team-based environment with opportunities to work on healing environments for great clients.
The successful candidate needs to exhibit a true passion for health care architecture, understanding and valuing the importance of the work we do for our clients and has a tremendous effect on their outcomes to their patients and the satisfaction for their staff. In addition, we expect that the candidate is capable of creating outstanding design solutions AND providing great client service’ as well as actively mentoring junior staff. Ability to have clear communication with individuals and teams within or outside the organization is required.
As a team member, this position works closely with leadership to market, plan and develop A/E healthcare projects. This involves continuing education in the trends and knowledge of evidence-based design related to the healthcare field.
The candidate must be able to focus on retaining and growing existing healthcare clients and developing and marketing new clients. Typical duties and responsibilities may include involvement with design, planning, organizing and coordination with engineers, designers, and drafters associated with team goals and objectives.
The Architect may be assigned a variety of specific duties, which focus on individual and team growth expectations. The Architect may participate in any or all of the items listed below:
- Provides design and oversight of architectural production associated with Healthcare project types on new facilities, additions or remodels
- Develop new clients and participate in networking and marketing healthcare leaders
- Determine the requirements and best practice components for systems and practices to meet client’s needs
- Design and deliver design solutions throughout all phases of the project
- Prepare specifications
- Perform code analysis
- Participate in the development of quality control procedures to accurately complete technical documents
- Monitor budget to ensure the project is progressing in a cost effective and timely manner
- Complete construction administrative services as required
- Keep current on changes regarding new technologies, trends, and innovative best practices in the area of Healthcare and recommend changes and new services as appropriate
- Mentoring staff in healthcare design
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree in Architecture with ten to fifteen years of experience in the Healthcare design field.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Work consists of moderately complicated procedures and tasks that require both directed activities and independent judgments when setting task priorities, evaluating results, coordinating with others, etc.
Applicant is required to have a good general working knowledge of architecture and design. Able to operate computer and a variety of software programs such as Revit, Sketchup, MS Office, Adobe, Bluebeam, BSD Specifications, PowerPoint.
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
About Des Moines
Greater Des Moines region, home to more than half a million people. While being the fastest growing metro in the Midwest (according to the U.S. Census Bureau, 2016) it remains #2 as the “Most Affordable Place to Live” (U.S. News & World Report, 2016). The Des Moines metro regularly tops lists as one of the best cities to live in the country - 26 top ten lists in the two years, in fact!
- Arts and Culture
- Des Moines Events
- Historic East Village Shopping
- Historic Valley Junction
- Jordan Creek Town Center
- Pappajohn Sculpture Park
Learn more about the this welcoming, vibrant and affordable place to live.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: No