Job ID 1421 Location West Des Moines, IA Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's West Des Moines office has an immediate opening for an Electrical Engineer with minimum of 4 years of engineering experience designing building or industrial related electrical systems.
- Graduated from an accredited engineering school in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with electrical emphasis.
- Experience in power, lighting, and data systems for buildings as well as some experience with power distribution systems up to 15 kV.
- Experience in 3D modeling or a desire to learn Autodesk Revit required.
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code and other building codes.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with clients and other team members.
- Current PE licensure not required but preferred. Ability to acquire PE licensure in Electrical Engineering within 1 year of accepting employment a minimum.
- Electrical design for building systems which includes power, lighting and data/communications, including familiarity with codes and standards that apply.
- Develop studies, plans and specifications, performance assessments and analysis of electrical distribution systems.
- Working in areas of Industrial, Government facilities, Commercial, Education and Healthcare.
- Produce construction drawings using 3D Revit modeling software.
- Will work under the direction of a senior engineer on design and documentation of building systems for bidding and construction.
- Perform Short-Circuit, Arc-Flash, and Circuit Breaker Coordination studies for power distribution systems using SKM software. Prepare study documentation and reports including one line diagrams, data summaries, circuit breaker settings, and recommendations for improving system safety.
- Visit project sites to assist with measuring, data collection and construction observation duties.
- Manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organizing and prioritizing with attention to detail.
- Willing to develop into a Shive-Hattery project manager to manage scope, schedule, and fee of single discipline electrical projects.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits and a sound compensation package.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes