|Shive Hattery is looking to grow our architecture group as well as our design presence within the corridor. We’re looking for a self-motivated, passionate architect that is seeking a challenging career with growth opportunities to lead our architecture group. This person will be a key part of helping us realize our architectural vision. In this position you will be working with other senior architects, company-wide, on conceptual designs, space planning, presentations, design development, and production. Candidate will have the opportunity to be mentored as well as mentor other talented architects in their careers. This person will have the opportunity to work side by side with engineers on a daily basis and understand multi-discipline design taking architectural design abilities to the next level.
This person would be located in the Cedar Rapids office with a focus on the IC/CR Corridor; as well great opportunities to collaborate with other architects and disciplines company wide.
Culture is a crucial element in allowing an architecture group to reach their full potential. The candidate should be outgoing, a team player, possess a positive can-do attitude, hardworking, and be self-motivated. This position can provide future organizational leadership possibilities.
- Provide project team coordination from concept through construction, specifications, and material selections.
- Provide direction, redline, and mentor entry level staff in their careers.
- Produce accurate technical and contract documentation for construction of project.
- Participate in construction administration, evaluate bids, conduct site visits, address technical issues, and maintain quality control during construction.
- Work with engineers, contractors, fabricators, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives.
- Utilize hand and 3D software renderings to communicate design concepts.
- Meet with clients and assist in managing client expectations, team communication and in-house engineering coordination.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks, be a team player, possess a can-do attitude, be a self-starter.
- Bachelor of Architecture degree.
- 8+ years of professional experience.
- Licensed Architect.
- Knowledge of building codes, zoning, jurisdictional processes, building materials, specifications, and construction techniques.
- Experience in construction document preparation and field observation.
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship management skills.
- Ability to manage variety of project types in various stages of development.
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp and other 3D modeling software.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.