Job ID 1461 Location Moline, IL Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's Quad Cities office has an immediate full-time opening for a Mechanical Designer with over 10 years of experience. The successful applicant will provide a combination of mechanical and piping design of building and water treatment facilities.
We are an award-winning consulting firm offering full services in architecture and engineering. You will be an integral member of the design team, working on all phases and aspects of our varied projects.
- Associates Degree in computer-aided drafting or equivalent.
- Over 10 years’ experience in AutoCAD, AutoCAD MEP, and Revit MEP.
- Strong communication skills and desire to collaborate with multi-discipline design teams.
- Experience developing detailed design and bidding drawings.
- Familiarity with file sharing protocols.
- Experience with building mechanical, plumbing, and HVAC design and project delivery for variety a sectors, including healthcare, industry, commercial, government, and education.
- Knowledge of, or interest in, equipment and piping layout, design, and project delivery for variety of water treatment processes.
- Experience using Revit, Bluebeam, Microsoft Office Suite, and/or other related software programs is expected.
- Willing to grow in a continuous teaching and learning environment.
- Must be quality-minded and self-motivated.
- Engage with the project team from programming/scope definition, design, and documentation through implementation.
- Work with a group of architects, engineers, and designers of various levels and disciplines to execute projects and develop quality drawings.
- Collaborate with core team members, project managers, and BIM coordinators on all aspects of project delivery.
- Revit/BIM modeling and AutoCAD software documentation, including creating plans, sections, details, and isometrics.
- Follow project development and production standards.
- Assistance with development of technical and construction details related to company-wide content, and independent design requiring minimal assistance to start project work.
- Effectively handle multiple projects and deadlines with varying degrees of design complexity.
- Pursue continuous personal improvement and education.
Shive-Hattery offers an outstanding benefit and compensation package.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: No