Job ID 1463 Location Cedar Rapids, IA Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's Cedar Rapids office has an opportunity for a Structural Engineer with five to twelve years of experience. You will live and work in a vibrant community where work-life balance is possible. You will work in a culture that values self-motivated people, appreciates problem solvers and provides opportunities you seek.
- Licensed engineer.
- Structural design experience using concrete, steel, and masonry. Wood design would be a plus.
- Ability to direct and assist in the production of construction documents, including 3D model generation and detailing.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively, which includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing work.
- Must have good attention to detail.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills, and comfort presenting design solutions to Owners.
- Willing to collaborate with other team members and have good interpersonal skills.
- Experience using Revit, structural engineering design software, and Microsoft Office software is preferred.
- Design projects as a structural engineer for industrial, commercial and education projects of various sizes. Work with experienced engineers and technicians while coordinating work within multi-discipline teams. With a majority of the projects being local to Cedar Rapids and the State of Iowa, you can visit project sites to gather technical information and meet clients while maintaining your personal life.
- Interact with and be a representative of the company with clients and contractors as it relates to on-going projects
- Provide design and drawing production support of projects in the structural discipline.
- Additional responsibilities include shop drawing review, field data collections and field data entry.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work off of elevated platforms and open grating
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment required for specific clients and sites
Benefits go beyond financial (paid overtime, profit sharing, matching 401K, ownership opportunities).
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: No