Job ID 1468 Location Moline, IL Apply Now
Shive-Hattery’s Quad Cities office seeks an electrical engineer with experience developing client relationships and managing the design and construction administration services for electrical engineering systems for Shive-Hattery’s projects.
We are looking for a highly collaborative person who has the skills to work with a team of architects and other engineers to deliver projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional engineer preferred, or the ability to obtain PE license
- Solid technical experience in the preparation of construction drawings, specifications, submittals, and construction administration
- Must be able to collaborate with other disciplines, establish and maintain budgets, and work in partnership with engineers throughout the company
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of NEC Codes
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to provide direction to designers and REVIT technicians
- Ability to participate in marketing activities
- Should be able to contribute to several projects simultaneously
- Work in a team setting with other disciplines to produce electrical construction documents for Shive-Hattery’s projects
- Mentor and Teach less experienced engineers and designers
- Must be able to drive and have access to an automobile
- Must have the ability to travel. Must be able to climb ladders and work off of elevated platforms and open grating when required
- Must be able to wear PPE as required for specific clients and sites
Our learning and teaching culture is based on collaboration; you will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will develop your skills while continuing to grow professionally at Shive-Hattery.
ABOUT THE QUAD CITIES OFFICE
Located along the banks of the Mississippi River in historic downtown Moline, the busy city life surrounds us each day. From our office you can see the unique west-to-east bend of the river and the tree line along the Rock Island Arsenal, a major military installation. Just down the road you will find one of the several John Deere offices based in the Quad Cities. Some other Fortune 500 corporations in our area include 3M, Exelon, and Arconic; it’s not all big business here though. Throughout the area, which encompasses six counties in northwestern Illinois and southeastern Iowa with an overall population of nearly 450,000, there are over 30,000 businesses, locally-owned and beyond. The variety and success creates a robust and continually growing economy.
There are many exciting amenities that thrive here including the Figge Art Museum, Putnam Museum, Quad City Symphony Orchestra, iWireless Center, Bix 7 Road Race, PGA John Deere Classic, Quad Cities Marathon, and Modern Woodmen Ballpark (was recently recognized as the "Best Minor League Ballpark" in America by USA Today readers). The list goes on with many outdoor recreational features, including the Great River Trail for biking, hiking and walking (over 100 miles of trails); numerous local, county, and state parks; boating and fishing opportunities in the Mississippi and Rock Rivers; and access to exceptional golf courses, just to name a few.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: No