Job ID 1469 Location Moline, IL Apply Now
Shive-Hattery’s Quad Cities office seeks a project manager with experience developing client relationships and managing the design and construction administration services for new building and remodeling projects.
We are looking for a highly collaborative project leader that has the skills to work with a team of architects and engineers to plan projects and a business mindset to manage project financials. This position requires an excellent understanding of construction and is effective leading the delivery of construction administration services with the owner and contractor.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree, preferred in Project Management, Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture
- Minimum of four years of managing multi-discipline, building related design or construction projects
- PMI’s PMP Certification is preferred or must be attained within 2 years.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Manage and lead projects that meet the requirements of all project stakeholders including the client and internal team members.
- Participate with others to win new projects by attending client meetings and delivering presentations.
- Team building with architects, engineers and other design professionals.
- Lead the team in developing a detailed, written Project Plan that is the result of highly collaborative planning sessions.
- Manage project financials including profitability, billing and collections.
- Effectively communicate with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Negotiate contracts with clients and subconsultants.
Our learning and teaching culture is based on collaboration; you will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will develop your skills while continuing to grow professionally at Shive-Hattery.
ABOUT THE QUAD CITIES OFFICE
Located along the banks of the Mississippi River in historic downtown Moline, the busy city life surrounds us each day. From our office you can see the unique west-to-east bend of the river and the tree line along the Rock Island Arsenal, a major military installation. Just down the road you will find one of the several John Deere offices based in the Quad Cities. Some other Fortune 500 corporations in our area include 3M, Exelon, and Arconic; it’s not all big business here though. Throughout the area, which encompasses six counties in northwestern Illinois and southeastern Iowa with an overall population of nearly 450,000, there are over 30,000 businesses, locally-owned and beyond. The variety and success creates a robust and continually growing economy.
There are many exciting amenities that thrive here including the Figge Art Museum, Putnam Museum, Quad City Symphony Orchestra, iWireless Center, Bix 7 Road Race, PGA John Deere Classic, Quad Cities Marathon, and Modern Woodmen Ballpark (was recently recognized as the "Best Minor League Ballpark" in America by USA Today readers). The list goes on with many outdoor recreational features, including the Great River Trail for biking, hiking and walking (over 100 miles of trails); numerous local, county, and state parks; boating and fishing opportunities in the Mississippi and Rock Rivers; and access to exceptional golf courses, just to name a few.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: No