Job ID 1385 Location Cedar Rapids, IA Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's Cedar Rapids office has an immediate opening for the Building Design Team Leader Position. The Design Team is a very diverse group of professionals that consists of architects, interior designers, structural engineers, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, and building envelope/roofing specialists serving all types of client in all market sectors. This individual is often in front of key client decision makers and must have the ability to sell and coordinate the services beyond their individual/team expertise and requires the individual to work closely with the Community Development Team Leader and their members. As a Team Leader, this position will mainly involve leadership ability to grow a business unit, and less focused on technical Architecture or Engineering ability.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Architecture, Engineering or related field
- Ten plus years of experience in the AEC/building/facility industry with proven leadership and management skills
- Must have strong business skills
- Must be able to show ability in marketing through previous successes
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to communicate effectively, positively and productively with staff, colleagues, and a wide range of clients
- Must have proven record of can-do attitude with strong problem-solving skills
- Must have knowledge of necessary technical skills, materials, applications and construction in a wide range of project types
- Proven experience in working in a multi-discipline team environment
- Demonstrated competency to manage workflow of design groups
- Be an active member of the office management team
- Willingness to focus and take action on management and leadership challenges/opportunities to help the team grow stronger in their ability to work together and deliver quality projects to our clients
- Work with other team and group leaders to achieve group and office vision, objectives and goals. Expand on initiatives and change tactics as necessary to drive positive results
- Have interest in and lead business development activities to develop clients and projects to grow the Cedar Rapids office
- Become active in appropriate community organizations and activities.
- Lead, develop and guide the Design Team
- Provide coaching for group leaders to set expectations, review progress and update personal plans for improvement. Identify conflicts and take proper actions.
- Oversee and assign tasks to internal group leaders
- Interact with all staff on regular basis to build a cohesive team from multiple disciplines
- Build strong work sharing relationships within the office and all Shive-Hattery design offices
- Strive to create an environment and culture consistent with our business and people values
- Develop, update and monitor project schedules and work plans
- Willing to relocate (if not in Cedar Rapids area)
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes