Job ID 1475 Location Companywide Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Shive-Hattery has immediate openings for part time on-call professional staff to support a FEMA IDIQ Disaster Readiness contract. We are seeking construction managers, civil engineers, architects, electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, building envelope specialists of all experience levels to provide on-site after-disaster support in FEMA Regions 5, 6 and 8.
This is a career opportunity to help communities recover from disasters where you will build your project management and leadership skills and have meaningful work with a positive impact.
States Included: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Wisconsin, Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Wyoming
- Ability to travel and provide onsite assistance. Deployments can last 3 to 6 months. If desired multiple deployments can happen throughout the year.
- Degree in Construction Management, Project Management, Engineering, Architecture is preferred but related experience in the construction or project management industry is acceptable.
- FEMA requires that you must be a Citizen of the United States to work on this contract.
- Must be able to pass the FEMA background check and become FEMA badged.
- Must be computer literate and process oriented.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
What would you be doing?
- Assessments for damages of public infrastructure
- Working with local officials and FEMA personnel to develop recovery programs
- Assisting local officials with developing priorities and expectation for recovery programs
- Damage estimates
- Review of damage estimates
- Inspection of partially completed work for compliance with FEMA requirements
- Inspection of completed work for compliance with FEMA requirements
- Documenting and advising FEMA staff on the technical validity of claims
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. For certain clients, we are required to conduct drug and/or alcohol testing on employees who perform work at the client site or on the client project. Consequently, employees and/or applicants will be required to satisfactorily pass a drug and/or alcohol test prior to any such work assignment.
Future Consideration: Yes