Job ID 1475 Location Companywide Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Shive-Hattery has immediate openings for part time on-call professional staff to support a FEMA IDIQ Disaster Readiness contract. We are seeking construction managers, civil engineers, architects, electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, building envelope specialists of all experience levels to provide on-site after-disaster support in FEMA Regions 5, 6 and 8.
This is a career opportunity to help communities recover from disasters where you will build your project management and leadership skills and have meaningful work with a positive impact.
States Included: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Wisconsin, Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Wyoming
- Ability to travel and provide onsite assistance. Deployments can last 3 to 6 months. If desired multiple deployments can happen throughout the year.
- Degree in Construction Management, Project Management, Engineering, Architecture is preferred but related experience in the construction or project management industry is acceptable.
- FEMA requires that you must be a Citizen of the United States to work on this contract.
- Must be able to pass the FEMA background check and become FEMA badged.
- Must be computer literate and process oriented.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
What would you be doing?
- Assessments for damages of public infrastructure
- Working with local officials and FEMA personnel to develop recovery programs
- Assisting local officials with developing priorities and expectation for recovery programs
- Damage estimates
- Review of damage estimates
- Inspection of partially completed work for compliance with FEMA requirements
- Inspection of completed work for compliance with FEMA requirements
- Documenting and advising FEMA staff on the technical validity of claims
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. For certain clients, we are required to conduct drug and/or alcohol testing on employees who perform work at the client site or on the client project. Consequently, employees and/or applicants will be required to satisfactorily pass a drug and/or alcohol test prior to any such work assignment.
Future Consideration: Yes