Job ID 1489 Location West Des Moines, IA Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
As a transportation engineer in our West Des Moines location you will design transportation projects and serve our clients with our team of experienced and motivated engineers. Our transportation engineering business is growing and you have the opportunity to be a key member of the team and grow your own career. We are seeking a candidate who has a passion to help make our clients successful, to design smart public improvements, and to deliver quality work on schedule.
Responsibilities will include leading the design effort on transportation projects, being responsible for technical design decisions, and producing high quality design plans. Project types may include urban and rural roadway, bicycle and pedestrian improvements, storm sewer design, drainage studies, traffic studies, and other municipal projects. This position is anticipated to become a project delivery leader for Iowa DOT related projects.
Education and Experience
- 5+ years of experience related to roadway design
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or related field
- Professional engineer license in Iowa or the ability to obtain with 12 months
Experience with the following is preferred:
- Working as a design leader
- DOT standards and procedures, Iowa DOT experience is preferred
- Microstation and geopak, Geopak Openroads experience preferred.
- Traffic engineering and traffic studies
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes