Job ID 1491 Location West Des Moines, IA Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
This is a full time position performing land surveying duties including but not limited to: boundary, topographic, and ALTA/ASCM land title surveys and construction staking including both field and office duties. This is a professional path position that provides the opportunity to earn a Professional Surveying License.
This position is available in our West Des Moines Office. Shive-Hattery fosters a team oriented atmosphere and emphasizes unparalleled client services. We offer the opportunity for involvement in a wide variety of surveying, civil engineering, landscape architecture and building projects.
- Minimum two years’ experience as a Survey Crew Member or new graduate with a two year technical degree in Surveying or Civil Design
- Ability to operate and maintain survey equipment including but not limited to robotic total stations, GPS survey equipment, data collectors, and automatic levels.
- Strong communication and collaborations skills
- Communicate with the client and project team to understand the goals, challenges, schedule, budget, and expectations of project
- Conduct research to obtain the appropriate public/ private land records, survey control data, and other pertinent information from various sources for boundary, location, topographical and design surveys and for location of right of way and public utilities.
- Submit daily files including downloading of data, preparation and organization of field sketches and digital photographs
- Perform office functions including drafting of plats and topographic surveys, computations, and reduction of field notes.
- Basic survey calculations including but not limited to percent of slope, angle measurement, bearing and azimuth, coordinates, traverses, differential leveling, and horizontal curves.
- Ability to interpret construction plans
- Pick points for construction staking and load into data collectors
- Establish and set points for construction stakeout projects (curb and gutter, drop inlets, storm sewer, sanitary sewer, water main, etc.)
- Work in a team environment but also be willing to work independently
- Follow prescribed safety practices for Land Surveying
- Responsible for job specific quality
- Maintain a current driver’s license in good standing and able to operate company owned vehicles
- Physically able to perform all tasks including the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Willingness to work outdoors and in adverse weather conditions.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed
- Familiarity with Civil 3D software is a plus
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes