Job ID 1521 Location West Des Moines, IA Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's West Des Moines office has an opening for a Mechanical Engineer Intern. The position will start in May 2020.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experienced in 3D modeling, Revit preferred. Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel is desired
- Must be able to collaborate with other team members and have good interpersonal skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Work in a team setting with other mechanical team members and disciplines such as electrical, structural, architectural and civil
- Work on a variety of mechanical projects across our market sectors. Common projects include government facilities, healthcare, industrial, commercial and education facilities
- Produce construction drawings using Revit 3D modeling software.
- Assist with mechanical design for building systems including HVAC, plumbing, piping and fire protection
- Visit project sites to assist with measuring, data collection and construction observation duties
- Manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organizing and prioritizing with attention to detail
- Work under the supervision and mentoring of mechanical engineers and designers
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes