Job ID 1514 Location Cedar Rapids, IA Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Looking to enhance your career in land surveying? Join the Shive-Hattery team and choose the right career path for you. You’ll experience a well-balanced approach to working in the field and the professional environment. Diversify your portfolio and look beyond roads and commercial work. Be a part of the educational, healthcare and industrial markets all while working with the most cutting-edge design technology.
This is a full-time position performing land surveying duties including but not limited to: boundary, topographic, ALTA/ASCM land title, construction staking, route and bridge, aerial control, and lot surveys by performing field and office duties. This position provides the opportunity to earn a Professional Surveying License.
This position is available in both our Iowa City and Cedar Rapids Offices (whichever the candidate prefers). Shive-Hattery fosters a team-oriented atmosphere and emphasizes unparalleled client services. We offer the opportunity for involvement in a wide variety of surveying, civil engineering, and building projects.
Following are major characteristics that we are seeking:
- Ability to operate survey equipment including but not limited to robotic total stations, GPS survey equipment, data collectors, and automatic level.
- Oversee the operation and maintenance of survey equipment used on job site and assist others with training when practical.
- Supervise survey technician (s) assigned to crew
- Prior experience as a crew chief preferred - 3+ years
- Strong communication and collaborations skills
- Communicate with clients and project teams to understand the goals, challenges, schedule, budget, and expectations of project
- Ability to interpret construction plans
- Conduct research to obtain the appropriate public/ private land records, survey control data, and other pertinent information from various sources for boundaries, location, topographical and design surveys, location of right of way, and utility locations.
- Basic survey calculations including but not limited to percent of slope, angle measuring, bearings, coordinates, traverses, leveling, and vertical and horizontal curves.
- Stake out points on construction stakeout projects (curb and gutter, drop inlets, storm sewer, sanitary sewer, water main, etc.)
- Perform office functions including computations and reduction of field notes.
- Work in a team environment and be willing to work independently
- Follows prescribed safety practices for Land Surveying
- Responsible for job specific quality
- Maintain a current driver’s license in good standing.
- Physically able to perform all tasks including the ability of lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Willingness to work outdoors and in adverse weather conditions.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed and occasionally travel out of to and stay overnight.
- Submits daily files including downloading of data, preparation and organization of field sketches and digital photographs.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes