Job ID 1513 Location Cedar Rapids, IA Apply Now
At Shive-Hattery, you’ll have access to the latest technology in land surveying and design. We are ready to train the right person for this exciting position where you’ll experience working in a professional atmosphere. If you have construction experience and want something more, apply today for the land surveying technician position and start growing your career now.
The successful candidate must be able to pass a background check, drug screening, possess a valid driver’s license, willing to work overtime, occasionally travel out of town and stay overnight.
Following are major characteristics that we are seeking:
- Detail oriented
- Good communicator (verbal and written)
- Quick learner
- Prompt and able to work overtime when required due to project schedule
- Willingness to work outside in varying weather conditions.
- Assist survey crew chief
- Perform tasks as directed by crew chief and/or management
- Verify survey truck is ready for use each morning (equipment and supplies)
- Setup and operate survey equipment (Shive Hattery will train)
- Download, edit and email survey data (Shive Hattery will train)
Items that will make you stand out:
- Strong math skills
- Strong computer skill (Microsoft Office and Civil 3D)
- Surveying experience (preferred)
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes