Job ID 1531 Location Moline, IL Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's Quad Cities office has an opening for an entry level mechanical engineer with zero to two year of experience. Prior intern experience in HVAC and building systems a plus but not required.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with an HVAC emphasis;
- Experienced in 3D modeling, Revit preferred. Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel is desired.
- Must be able to collaborate with other team members and have good interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Work in a team setting with other mechanical team members and disciplines such as electrical, structural, architectural and civil.
- Work on a variety of mechanical projects across our market sectors. Common projects include government facilities, healthcare, industrial, commercial and education facilities.
- Produce construction drawings using Revit 3D modeling software.
- Assist with mechanical design for building systems including HVAC, plumbing, piping and fire protection.
- Visit project sites to assist with measuring, data collection and construction observation duties.
- Manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organizing and prioritizing with attention to detail.
- Work under the supervision and mentoring of mechanical engineers and designers.
Our learning and teaching culture is based on collaboration; you will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will develop your skills while continuing to grow professionally at Shive-Hattery.
ABOUT THE QUAD CITIES OFFICE
Located along the banks of the Mississippi River in historic downtown Moline, the busy city life surrounds us each day. From our office you can see the unique west-to-east bend of the river and the tree line along the Rock Island Arsenal, a major military installation. Just down the road you will find one of the several John Deere offices based in the Quad Cities. Some other Fortune 500 corporations in our area include 3M, Exelon, and Arconic; it’s not all big business here though. Throughout the area, which encompasses six counties in northwestern Illinois and southeastern Iowa with an overall population of nearly 450,000, there are over 30,000 businesses, locally-owned and beyond. The variety and success create a robust and continually growing economy.
There are many exciting amenities that thrive here including the Figge Art Museum, Putnam Museum, Quad City Symphony Orchestra, iWireless Center, Bix 7 Road Race, PGA John Deere Classic, Quad Cities Marathon, and Modern Woodmen Ballpark (was recently recognized as the "Best Minor League Ballpark" in America by USA Today readers). The list goes on with many outdoor recreational features, including the Great River Trail for biking, hiking and walking (over 100 miles of trails); numerous local, county, and state parks; boating and fishing opportunities in the Mississippi and Rock Rivers; and access to exceptional golf courses, just to name a few.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes