Job ID 1624 Location Cedar Rapids, IA Job Type Internship Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's Cedar Rapids office searching for a civil engineering intern for the summer of 2020.
- Enrolled in an accredited engineering school pursuing a degree in civil engineering or closely related field
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- AutoCAD Civil 3D experience a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Internships/summer experience in general civil engineering or construction a plus
- Assist civil engineers with project related tasks
- Assist with engineering site, traffic, and transportation design for a wide variety of public and private projects in the commercial, industrial, education and government market sectors
- Duties will include preparation of AutoCAD drawings, reports and technical specifications
- Site design tasks will include layout, site grading, storm sewer design, sanitary sewer design, water main design, project phasing and other site design components
- Traffic and transportation design tasks will include traffic simulation software modeling, traffic impact analysis report composition assistance, roadway plan and profile design, roadway geometric design, intersection design, and plan production and detailing.
- Assist with performing onsite construction administration and observation services including reporting and monitoring contractor's compliance with contract documents
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment under the guidance of design professionals.
- Attend meetings and display cordial and professional working relations with clients and contractors.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organizing and prioritizing with attention to detail.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes