Job ID 1608 Location Iowa City, IA Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's Iowa City office has an immediate opening for an Electrical Engineer. This opportunity is a full-time position for a motivated individual with the ability to work and learn with an interest in acquiring a professional engineering license.
- Electrical design for building systems which includes power distribution, LED and custom lighting design, Life Safety Systems, as well as data/communications.
- Would be working in a diverse market including Industrial, Institutional, Commercial, Education and Healthcare facilities.
- Will work under the direction of a senior engineer towards the design and document production efforts of building systems using 3D Revit modeling software.
- Will be visiting project construction sites to assist with measuring, data collection and construction observation duties.
- Must be able to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing with attention to detail.
- Graduated from an accredited engineering school in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in Revit is preferred. A desire to learn Autodesk Revit is required.
- Good communication skills and ability to work with other team members are necessary.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits and a sound compensation package.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. For certain clients, we are required to conduct drug and/or alcohol testing on employees who perform work at the client site or on the client project. Consequently, employees and/or applicants will be required to satisfactorily pass a drug and/or alcohol test prior to any such work assignment.
Future Consideration: Yes