Job ID 1545 Location Cedar Rapids, IA Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's Cedar Rapids office has an opportunity for an entry-level structural engineer with zero to one year of experience. You will live and work in a vibrant community where work-life balance is possible. You will work in a culture that values self-motivated people, appreciates problem solvers and provides opportunities you seek.
- Graduate Civil Engineering student with a Structural Engineering emphasis.
- Master's in Structural Engineering is preferred but not required.
- Must have taken steel and concrete classes in school. Wood and masonry classes would be a plus.
- Must be able to sit for the Iowa PE exam once required experience has been obtained.
- Must have good attention to detail.
- Must be able to collaborate with other team members and have good interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word and Excel; experience using Revit and structural engineering design software a plus.
- Work in a team setting with other structural team members and disciplines to work on a variety of structural projects across our market sectors. Our number one sector is the Industrial Sector and is fast-paced, exciting, and great for people who love to solve problems.
- Provide design and drawing production support of projects in the structural discipline.
- Additional responsibilities include shop drawing review, field data collections, and field data entry.
- Will work under the direct supervision and mentoring of several licensed structural engineers.
- Must be able to drive and have access to an automobile.
- Must have the ability to travel with some limited overnights.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work off of elevated platforms and open grating.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment required for specific clients and sites.
ABOUT CEDAR RAPIDS
Our Cedar Rapids office is in beautiful Downtown Cedar Rapids, with excellent local coffee shops within walking distance. Cedar Rapids is Iowa’s second largest city and is undergoing an incredible revitalization.
You will live and work in a vibrant community where work-life balance is possible. You will work in a culture that values self-motivated people, appreciates problem solvers and provides opportunities you seek.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. For certain clients, we are required to conduct drug and/or alcohol testing on employees who perform work at the client site or on the client project. Consequently, employees and/or applicants will be required to satisfactorily pass a drug and/or alcohol test prior to any such work assignment.
Future Consideration: Yes