Shive-Hattery is a client-first, multi-disciplinary architecture and engineering consulting firm. Our guiding principal is to Design What Matters. As a One Firm organization with fifteen (15) locations across the country, we strongly believe in the value of collaboration and working across offices. We are seeking a Proposal Coordinator to add to our Higher Education, Healthcare, and Industrial team in our Cedar Rapids office.
In this position, you’ll find yourself in a highly collaborative and helpful team focused on Higher Education, Healthcare, and Industrial markets. You won’t need to “lead” most projects – but your ideas and follow-through will be critical to getting them across the finish line. If you’re a great communicator and task manager who loves to ask, “How can I help?” while driving results behind the scenes, this job may be for you!
What does a Proposal Coordinator do?
- Conducts Client Relationship Management (CRM) maintenance and data entry including client contact information, project details, pursuit data, and employee resumes
- Contributes to organizing the content library, including resumes, project information sheets, boilerplates and other collateral
- Prepares or assembles written and visual information for use in external marketing campaigns, internal communications, and conferences and trade show events
- Contributes to proposals/Statements of Qualifications (SOQs) under direction of Creative Strategist team, including gathering and editing content, reviewing for accuracy and persuasiveness, and printing/submitting on time
- Coordinates proposal close-out activities including updating CRM and content library
- With guidance from Creative Strategist team, produces geographic-based materials such as internal office slideshows, signage, etc. Tracks and maintains local stock of marketing collateral and promotional items
- Must exercise initiative, judgment, and knowledge of company practices and brand standards. Possesses excellent attention to detail, time management, and planning skills. Foresight to anticipate and execute recurring tasks and new approaches. A storyteller with strong writing, editing and communication skills
- Other duties as assigned, pending team needs
- At least 1-3 years of marketing or proposal development experience – A/E/C industry experience is a plus, but not required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Journalism, Communications, or related field, or similar experience and skills
- Strong skills in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Proficient with producing and interpreting reports and managing data in Microsoft Excel or similar programs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage quick turnaround times and short deadlines
- Ability to coordinate and manage information and tasks with a variety of colleagues
Skills and Competencies:
- Effective communication across written, verbal, and visual mediums is a fundamental component of this role. You must be able to listen and distill information from a variety of sources, develop a marketing and/or communication strategy, and produce compelling materials for a variety of audiences
- You must be able to write clearly and concisely, and be able to articulate messaging through proposal design, presentations, ads, etc. while adhering to brand standards
- Must possess strong leadership skills – you will need to be able to make and execute decisions quickly, work independently and with others, and exercise good judgment and critical thinking
- While industry knowledge is not required, to be successful, creativity, initiative, and motivation to learn will allow you to grow in your role
- You should thrive on continuous improvement and experiment with new ideas to stay competitive
- This role is a deadline-oriented role – you must be able to multi-task, manage short- and long-term deadlines, work collaboratively with others, and effectively delegate and manage projects
- You should enjoy and excel in a fast-paced environment and be willing to work overtime, as needed, to meet deadlines and support the office in providing unparalleled client service
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package, and extensive professional development opportunities.
Shive-Hattery offers a flexible work environment and supports balancing personal and professional responsibilities. We are an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, veteran status or genetic information.