This is a full-time permanent position performing land surveying duties including but not limited to: boundary, topographic, ALTA/ASCM land title surveys, and construction staking. This includes both field and office duties. There is also a possibility of working with UAV (drone) flights and processing and 3D scanning. This is a professional path position that provides the opportunity to earn a Professional Land Surveying license with the appropriate formal education. This position is available in our Iowa City office. Shive-Hattery fosters a team-oriented atmosphere and emphasizes unparalleled client services. We offer the opportunity for involvement in a wide variety of surveying, civil engineering, landscape architecture and building projects.
· Minimum two years’ experience as a Survey Crew Member or new graduate with a two-year technical degree in Surveying or Civil Design.
· Ability to operate and maintain survey equipment including but not limited to robotic total stations, GPS survey equipment, data collectors and automatic levels.
· Strong communication and collaborations skills
· Perform office functions including drafting of plats and topographic surveys, computations, and reduction of field notes.
· Be familiar with basic survey calculations including but not limited to percent of slope, angle measurement, bearing and azimuth, coordinates, traverses, differential leveling and horizontal curves.
· Ability to interpret construction plans.
· Pick points for construction staking and load into data collectors.
· Establish and set points for construction stakeout projects (curb and gutter, drop inlets, storm sewer, sanitary sewer, water main, etc.).
· Work in a team environment but also be willing to work independently.
· Follow prescribed safety practices for Land Surveying.
· Responsible for job specific quality.
Would also be responsible for:
· Maintain a current driver’s license in good standing and able to operate company owned vehicles.
· Willingness to work outdoors and in adverse weather conditions.
· Willingness to work overtime as needed.
· Willingness to travel for work and over nights may be required.
· Familiarity with Civil 3D software is a plus.
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
For certain clients, we are required to conduct drug and/or alcohol testing on employees who perform work at the client site or on the client project. Consequently, employees and/or applicants will be required to satisfactorily pass a drug and/or alcohol test prior to any such work assignment.
Shive-Hattery offers a flexible work environment and supports balancing personal and professional responsibilities. We are an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Explore more openings that align with your aspirations and work environment preferences.