Top 11 Benefits to Submetering
By John Waldron
Eleven ways you can take information gained by electricity submetering to save money.
- Study energy usage patterns
- Establish a baseline for energy usage
- Determine spare capacity
- Drives incentives for operational efficiency
- Obtain basis for operational decisions
- Identify changes in energy consumption
- Reduce downtime by facilitating post-mortem analysis
- Benchmark electricity consumption of identical processes
- Accurate cost allocation of facility electrical utility costs
- Identify unnecessary peak demand charges
- Understand electricity costs by department or process
"Beyond providing technical knowledge, engineering support, and solid design, I am very interested in developing genuine relationships with my clients. When it comes to electrical engineering, actively engaging and truly listening to my clients has been key to exceeding their expectations. Once they’ve shared their goals, I’m able to coordinate the design, installation and functionality. I’ve helped clients with a wide range of projects including designing electrical power distribution, onsite generation, lighting, fire alarm security, and electronic technology systems, and arc flash analysis studies."