Great People + Great Culture
Shive-Hattery is an award-winning firm with over 100 years of experience in architecture, engineering, interior design and more, but we’re really in the business of building relationships. Creating lasting relationships begins with our shared purpose and foundational values. Shive-Hattery exists to provide unparalleled client service and fulfilling careers and professional satisfaction for our employees.
Our shared people, design and business values give us guidance on how we treat each other. They are a critical part of our firm’s culture. They center on thinking differently, which encourages thoughtful and creative design solutions, through collaboration, for the success of our clients and communities. We believe that our shared values, developed over 100 years of service to our clients, are core to our continued success.
Shared People Values
- Truth + Trust
- Giving Credit
Shared Business Values
- Focus on the Customer
- Innovate + Continually Improve
- Learn + Teach
Shared Design Values
- Inspire + Elevate
- Collaborative Culture + Processes
- Functional + Clear Solutions
- Innovative Approaches
- Sustainable Outcomes
- Promote Social Responsibility
- Exceed Expectations
We constantly strive to deliver the ultimate client experience—it’s what our clients remember—but we also can have a little fun along the way. We believe that those who play together, stay together – including our employees and clients. By following our shared people, business, and design values, we’ve made Shive-Hattery what it is today and will help us remain strong in the future.
A one-firm philosophy instills a strong culture of collaboration, knowledge sharing, innovation and connectedness. As a client, you have access to expertise across offices creating more value and the most creative design solutions. As an employee you are in a teaching and learning community that accelerates your personal and professional development. Connections beyond your immediate team build communities. These activities breathe oxygen into the one-firm culture we want to foster.
- Employee onboarding with local and corporate leadership
- Accelerated professional development through structured career paths
- Career coaching/mentorship across teams and offices
- Monthly Communities of Practice (CoPs) meetings to share knowledge and expertise
- Collaborative swarming events by discipline
- Annual employee appreciation week
- Social intranet for employees to host, communicate, and share information
- Leadership Development Program (LDP) & Business Development University (BDU)
- Annual strategy summits