Piccadilly Building Visualization
Built in 1927, the Piccadilly Theater and Hotel was a rarity in Chicago. Serving as a multi-use anchor within the Hyde Park neighborhood, the space housed an ornate movie palace, hotel and shops along Blackstone Avenue. Pioneer Acquisitions engaged Shive-Hattery to revitalize and transform it into a multi-family residential building now known as the Piccadilly Building.
To honor its historic roots, original French Renaissance architectural details were augmented with a modern flair. Residential amenity spaces have been added and improved including the lobby, guest lounge, coffee shop and game room. A separate lobby entrance was designed to access the rehabilitated ballroom located on the 13th floor which can be rented for public and private events. The Piccadilly Building will become the social hub of Hyde Park once again.